Electric Dog Fence & Dog Fencing
Fi-Shock Electric Fence Wire 
Fi-Shock Electric Fence Tape (400m) 
An electric fence for dogs is a great and cost effective way to keep your dogs either fenced in, or away from certain areas (like garden beds or chook pens). Our electric dog fence supplies are all you will need to keep your dog from escaping or to prevent your dog, and other pests from getting into your garden.
Fi-Shock and Fido-Shock are industry leaders in terms of the electronic dog fence and provide a great range of products to choose from. Even down to electric fence energizer, you have the choice of mains, battery or solar powered units.
Electric dog fencing is easy to install and can use either wire or tape, whichever you prefer. The majority of our electric fencing for dogs gives off a pulsating current, which means the electric fence energizer sends a timed current along the wire in regular intervals. However, we do have a constant current model available as well. If you are looking at this particular model, please speak to our friendly staff first. As with any electric dog fence kit, it is important to read the material provided by the manufacturer before setting up or utilising the product.
An electric fence provides an economical and low maintenance solution to dog containment and pest deterrent. When installing an electronic dog fence, there are a number of things that must be considered;
1) Electric fence for dogs must be established in an area that is free from debris, away from bushes and shrubs. Anything resting on an electric fence wire and touching the ground will make the system inoperative.
2) You will need to position the ground rod in close proximity to the electric fence energizer (and avoid underground cables).
3) You cannot place the wire or tape along the top of an existing boundary fence or similar – the dog or animal must have at least 1 paw on the ground when they come into contact with the electric dog fencing wire or tape.
- The drier the soil, the less successful the result. Make sure the soil has a little moisture, especially around the ground rod
- The longer the electric fencing for dogs the longer it takes for the current to pass along the wire or tape. To help reduce this, position several ground rods evenly across the length of the fence (you will need to run the grounding cable to each).
- If there is a branch the is touching the wire or tape of the electronic dog fence and touching the ground at the same time, it will hinder and even prevent the electric fence from working properly.
For any queries you may have regarding electric fences for dogs, please contact our friendly staff who will be able to assist you. Please note that we also have a Service Dept, our team of technicians will be to assist you with any troubleshooting you may have in regards to installation or operational difficulties you may be facing with any of the dog electric fence kits that you have obtained through us.